Monday, February 16, 2015

A Valentine's Day tribute to my Dear Wife, Family, and Friends


In the spirit of Valentine's Day I thought I would dedicate a post to the wonderful people in my life who make my life a better place.

So dear readers, first I want to thank my amazing wife. Several of you have commented that you think I am brave. I think that it is my wife who has been truly brave. She is my hero. All she ever wanted was to have her white picket fence and be a part of a perfect normal stereotypical LDS family: normal gender roles, normal expectations, knowing where her life was going, what her place was, and exactly how her future should look.

When we first actively started confronting my gender dysphoria that whole world fell apart. She felt lost, confused, didn't know her place, and could no longer see what the future might hold. Yet, she chose to stay with me. I don't have a choice whether or not gender dysphoria was a part of my life. She did, and she chose to stay with me no matter how much pain or anguish this challenge might cause the both of us.

We've spent several years trying to work through the relationship difficulties caused by gender dysphoria and while she is in a much better place than she used to be, I know that it is still very hard on her. She still doesn't have all the answers, she still doesn't have the security she would like in knowing the future, and we both on occasion still struggle. But I know that no matter what happens she will always be there for me. That dear readers is the greatest miracle and blessing of my life. I don't know where I would be without her. I would be so lost and feel so much more alone. Her choice to help me deal with this been one of the most self-sacrificing, loving, and Christlike actions that I have ever experienced. Every day I try to live up to her example and help her in anyway that I can.

I also wanted to thank those of you who have commented on my blog or called me on the telephone. I know that many of you don't know what to say. No worries, I've been dealing with this for years and I'm still not great about talking about my experiences and my life. I just want each of you to know that every comment, every text, and every phone call means the world to me. Any time I am having a hard day I pull up your texts and your comments and read through each and every one. I am always overwhelmed by the love and comfort that each of these messages gives me. Just a few years ago I never would have imagined being willing to share my burdens with my family and friends, but now I can't imagine not having that support. Your love and support means the world to me. Thank you all so much.

I'm sure that many, if not most of you, saw this picture going around Facebook this week. But I just wanted to share it once again. Let us never forget the love and hope that can be found in a testimony of Jesus Christ.



I hope that you all had a great Valentine's Day.


Kyle

1 comment:

  1. Please tell your dear wife that she is in our prayers everyday. We pray that she will feel loved and supported. My girls and I have been amazed at her strength and would love for her to know we are thinking of her!

    ReplyDelete